The Corporation of the Town of Oakville reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of any terms, conditions, policies or disclaimers published on its Internet site. To ensure that you know what terms and conditions currently apply, occasional checks of this page and the disclaimer are recommended.
The Corporation of the Town of Oakville respects the privacy of its web visitors. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way we protect it in all the other ways we interact with you — in our service offices or at your home or business location; through mail correspondence; and, on the phone. Staff adhere to strict policies that protect the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information such as names, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Access to the Town of Oakville's website, and use of many of its services features typically do not require providing any personal information whatsoever.
- "Cookie" technology captures summary — not individual — information on visitor use patterns. This is computer code that tracks traffic so we can determine how effective a given page is in meeting informational or service needs. Apart from providing a performance measure for the town's Internet site, the data is otherwise meaningless.
- A cookie contains no information that personally identifies visitors to the community's website and is strictly geared to providing internal performance data. The Corporation of the Town of Oakville knows nothing of an Internet visitors browsing path once he or she has left oakville.ca.
- The only personally identifying information arising from your use of the Municipality Web site is what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. For example, this could be in connection with the following: registering for subscription services; or, submitting comments, suggestions or questions through a feedback form or an email.
- The Town of Oakville will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose to third parties the personal information you provide.