The Corporation of the Town of Oakville reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of any terms, conditions, policies or disclaimers published on its Internet sites. To ensure that you know what terms and conditions currently apply, occasional checks of this page and the disclaimer are recommended.
The Corporation of the Town of Oakville respects the privacy of its web visitors and mobile app users. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way we protect it in all the other ways we interact with you — in our service offices or at your home or business location; through mail correspondence; and, on the phone. Staff adhere to strict policies that protect the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information such as names, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Access to the Town of Oakville's websites and mobile applications, and use of many of its online services typically do not require providing any personal information.
- "Cookie" technology captures summary — not individual — information on visitor use patterns. This is computer code that tracks traffic so we can determine how effective a given page is in meeting informational or service needs. Apart from providing a performance measure for the town's Internet sites, the data is otherwise meaningless.
- A cookie contains no information that personally identifies visitors to the town's websites and is strictly geared to providing internal performance data. The Corporation of the Town of Oakville knows nothing of an Internet visitor's browsing path once he or she has left oakville.ca.
- The only personally identifying information arising from your use of the town's websites is what you provide to the town on a voluntary basis. For example, this could be in connection with the following: registering for subscription services; or, submitting comments, suggestions or questions through a feedback form or an email.
- The Town of Oakville will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose to third parties the personal information you provide.
For more information, visit the Policies and Procedures page.