Noise & Nuisance Issues

MotorcycleAll residents are entitled to a peaceful lifestyle.

Noise By-law 2008-098 regulates noise and attempts to minimize noisy disturbances in your neighbourhood, especially during certain time periods.  Access the search results for the noise by-law.

Some examples of noise which are not allowed:

  • constant dog barking
  • loud stereo or musical equipment being played continually
  • construction equipment operating during certain time periods
  • excessive motorcycle noise

Exemptions to the noise by-law may be requested by filling out the application for an exemption (pdf, 162 kB) and submitting it to the By-law Services section of the Clerk’s department.

Disturbances resulting from fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing, loud parties and use of rude language should be directed to Halton Regional Police Services.


Nuisance By-law 2007-143 regulates activities at one property that keeps someone from enjoying themselves on another property. These activities may include:

  • creating vibrations
  • putting smoke, dust, objectionable odours or other waste into the air
  • shining lights directly from one property into another property

Access the search results for the nuisance by-law.

For more information, email the Supervisor of Licensing and By-law Enforcement at or phone at 905-845-6601, ext. 3256.

To file a noise or nuisance complaint, contact By-law Services at or 905-815-2010, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.