Recreational swim and Waterfit admission fees and options
Prices are effective February 1, 2015 and include applicable taxes. A fee of $11.30 is applied to all passes purchased by non-residents (except 10-visit passes).
Recreational swim participation fees and options
Each admission fee entitles you to one recreational swim:
- Single admission – $4
- Seniors single admission (65+) – $3.20
- Group (max. five people) – $12
- Children under 2 years of age – No charge
- General 10-visit pass – $36.27
- Seniors (65+) 10-visit pass – $28.93
- Adult three-month pass – $80
- Seniors (65+) three-month pass – $64.41
- Family* three-month pass – $145
- Adult yearly pass – $240
- Seniors (65+) yearly pass – $193.23
- Family* yearly pass – $430
*A family with one or two adult guardians over the age of 18 and their dependents, 18 years of age or under, or full-time students under the age of 25 qualifies for a family pass. Multiple families cannot be combined on any pass purchase.
Waterfit participation fees and options
- Pay-As-You-Go – $9.75 (ages 13-64) or $7.80 (65+)
- 10-visit Punch Card – $87.80 (ages 13-64) or $70.17 (65+)
- Aquacycle Pay-As-You-Go – $11.50 (ages 13-64) or $9.20 (65+)
Visit the Fitness Centres page for information about more memberships, with options that include unlimited access to recreational swimming and Waterfit classes.
Recreational swim types
Combo – All ages. Leisure swim with at least one lane reserved for lengths.
Family Fun – All ages. Groups must be accompanied by at least one adult, 18 years or older. The "under seven years" rules also apply for the family swim.
Healing Waters – This non-instructional time is for those who require space and time in the water to work through prescribed exercises. Bring a personal therapist (both therapist and client required to pay admission) or work independently. A qualified lifeguard is on duty and specialty equipment is available for your use.
Leisure – All ages. Diving boards are open. Pool toys and floatation aids allowed in shallow end, except during peak periods.
Lengths – Pool is divided into slow, medium and fast lanes. Diving boards are closed. All swimmers must be able to swim 25 metres.
Adult Combo – A quiet leisure swim for adults 18+ with at least one lane open.
Swim Your Way – A family fun swim for families with children or youth with a special need.
Water Jogging – All ages. A non-instructional fitness opportunity in deep end of pool. Must be able to swim 25 metres.
Women's Only Combo – Female only, aged seven (7) and up, children six (6) and under (admission standards apply). Leisure swim with at least one lane reserved for lengths.
Waterfit class descriptions
Adult Endurance (Drop-in) – An "all swimming" workout consisting of a warm up, a main set, and a cool down. An excellent cardiovascular activity.
Aquacycle – Participants are fit with a unique aquatic stationary bike, which allows them to take advantage of the resistance of the water while they pedal. An Aquacycle class provides a cardiovascular workout and stress-free training for the joints and muscles. Water shoes or sneakers are required to participate.
Gentle Waterfit – A gentle water exercise program for those with arthritis, fibromyalgia or any other condition affecting mobility and quality of life.
Swim and Trim – The first 15 minutes of this hour-long class consists of a non-instructional length swim or water jog warm-up, followed by a 45-minute Waterfit class.
Waterfit – An all exercise workout. No swimming skills required. Conducted in shallow or deep water.
Healthy swim etiquette
To reduce the risk of spreading germs and to keep our pools clean, please remember the following tips when enjoying our facilities:
- Shower before you swim – Please shower with soap and warm water before entering or re-entering the pool deck. It's clean, it's green, it's the law!
- Wear appropriate footwear – Bring clean flip flops or sandals to wear on the pool deck. No street shoes please.
- Don't use the pool if you feel sick – Not feeling well? Swimmers should refrain from using the pool when ill, or if they have experienced diarrhea in the past week.
- Prevent pool fouling – Please refrain from feeding children or eating large meals before swimming. All swimmers are encouraged to visit the washroom before entering the pool. Children that are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers made for swimming pool use. These are available for purchase in the pool office.
- Wear appropriate clothing – Patrons on the pool deck must be dressed in suitable bathing attire and pay the posted admission fee.
- Don't bring food onto the pool deck – Only water is permitted on the pool deck. Don't forget to bring your reusable drinking containers.
- Don't bring strollers onto the pool deck – Strollers are not permitted on our sanitized decks. Parents and guardians are reminded that children should never be left unattended.
Recreational swim admission standards
Patrons under the age of seven years must stay in the shallow end and be accompanied by a parent, guardian or designate who is at least 16 years of age and is responsible for their direct supervision within arm’s reach. There is a maximum of two children for each parent, guardian or designate. Patrons who pass the facility swim test may swim in the deep end.
Patrons between the ages of seven and 10 years who cannot pass the facility swim test must remain in the shallow end and be accompanied by a parent, guardian or designate who is at least 16 years of age and is responsible for their direct supervision within arm’s reach. There is a maximum of two children for each parent, guardian or designate.
Patrons between the ages of seven and 10 years who pass the facility swim test and meet the height requirements posted at the facility may be admitted without caregiver supervision.
Patrons 10 years of age or older may enter the pool without caregiver supervision. Patrons who can pass the facility swim test may swim in the deep end. Patrons who cannot pass the facility swim test must remain in the shallow end.
To successfully pass the facility swim test individuals must:
- Demonstrate comfort in water.
- Swim a minimum of two widths continuously in shallow water.