Many businesses in Oakville require a licence. Holding a valid business licence ensures businesses follow by-law regulations and limitations, providing supporting documentation and security clearances which provide consumer protection.
Under the terms of the Business Licensing By-law you cannot:
- carry on a business, allow another person to carry on a business, or hold themselves out as being licensed to carry on a business if:
- They do not hold a business licence issued under this by-law
- They are at a location other than the location for which the licence was issued
- Under any other name than the one on their licence
- Transfer or assign a licence to another person
- Obtain a licence by providing mistaken, false or incorrect information.
- The Town of Oakville Licensing By-law 2015-075 prohibits driving school instruction in the DriveTest examination areas.
Non-compliance with the by-law may result in fees and charges under the Administrative Penalty By-law 2021-038.
Submit a business licence application.