The following roads will be closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. on November 19, 2022, for the Oakville Santa Claus Parade:
- Deane Avenue from Maurice Drive to Kerr Street
- Felan Avenue from Stewart Street to Rebecca Street
- Kerr Street from Lakeshore Road to Stewart Street
- Lakeshore Road from Allan Street to Brant Street
- Rebecca Street from Dorval Drive to Forsythe Street
- Robinson Street from Navy Street to Allan Street
- Stewart Street from Kerr Street to Maurice Drive
Local access through this area will not be maintained.
The following roadways will be designated as the primary detour route during the closure period:
- Chartwell Road; Allan Street; Cornwall Road/Speers Road; Dorval Drive; Fourth Line.
Temporary “No Parking Special Event” signs and parking restrictions will be posted on the streets included in the road closure, listed above, as well as the following residential side streets:
- Deane Avenue, Felan Avenue, Hawthorne Road, Herald Avenue, Inglewood Drive, Stewart Street, Burnet St, Brookfield Road, Brookfield Drive, John Street (Kerr to Brock Street), Queen Mary Drive, Lakewood Drive, Holyrood Crescent, Chisholm Street (Rebecca to Bond Street), Elmwood Avenue, and Westside Drive
In preparation for the parade, the signs will be installed during this week. These parking restrictions will be enforced and will prohibit vehicles from parking from 7 a.m. on Saturday, November 19 until the parade is over. Any vehicles found on the street during this time may receive a ticket or be towed.
Courtesy and/or paid parking permits will not be available for use on the streets noted above or on Lot 15 or Lot 16 from 7am until the parade is over. Any vehicles parked on a road signed as N/P Special event with a courtesy or paid parking permit will be subject to applicable parking penalties.
Paid parking will be in place starting at 9am on Saturday in any available commercial parking locations.