Oakville Fire kicks off Sparky’s Dog Days of Summer on July 5
Tuesday, July 04, 2023
Oakville Fire crews will be making a special visit to seven splash pads this summer as part of the annual Sparky’s Dog Days of Summer campaign. As families cool off at splash pads, they will have the opportunity to meet the fire crews, check out the fire trucks, and learn about vital fire safety messaging.
Sparky’s Dog Days of Summer is a fire prevention initiative that encourages residents to meet and talk to local firefighters and fire prevention team members at their neighbourhood park.
It is an opportunity for parents to improve their awareness on fire safety as our Oakville Fire team share tips to keep children safe from burns and scalds, information about smoke and fire detection systems at home, and how to plan and practise home escape plans.
The events are supported by Panago Pizza, offering pizza slices for purchase at $2 each (while quantities last) and Fortino’s providing water and pop for $1 each. All proceeds go to Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides.
Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following parks:
• July 5 Wynten Way Park, 2495 Wynten Way
• July 12 Sixteen Hollow Park, 2140 Westoak Trails
• July 19 Neyagawa Park, 540 River Glen Boulevard
• July 26 Valleybrook Park, 1150 Valleybrook Drive
• August 2 Fowley Park, 95 Fowley Drive
• August 9 Valleyridge Park, 2524 Valleyridge Drive
• August 16 Forster Park, 100 North Forster Park Drive
In case of rain, the crews will visit the next day (6 to 8 p.m.).