The Corporation of the Town of Oakville (the town) is committed to delivering exceptional, equitable and accessible customer service.
Staff will provide the best customer service possible and are empowered to make decisions to ensure that each customer experience is meaningful, fair and respectful.
Equally, our customers are responsible for behaving in a respectful manner to promote an environment that can be shared by all. The success of the town depends on our ability to work and perform functions in the most effective and efficient ways, balancing the needs of the individual with the overall needs of the town.
- To ensure all communications follow the town’s customer service values:
- Accountability – customer service is everyone’s responsibility
- Dedication – our customers are the reason we are here. Go the extra mile to provide excellent service to our customers
- Honesty – always fulfill your commitments. If you say you are going to do something, do it!
- Innovation – strive to continuously improve service. Leave our customers feeling satisfied with the information, program or service they receive from the town
- Respect – treat customers with respect and build strong, lasting relations wherever possible
- Teamwork – we are one town. Through teamwork and sharing of our knowledge and experience, we will achieve our commitment to customer service excellence
- To establish procedures for:
- The town’s customer service standards to ensure a consistent, standard practice that reflects the town’s commitment to customer service excellence
- Expectations for appropriate conduct by customers; and
- Handling process for complaints and compliments about a town employee, member of a town committee or volunteers acting on behalf of the town.
This policy applies to all forms of customer service by town employees to the community, and appropriate conduct by customers requesting information, a service, filing a complaint or compliment, or providing feedback, and includes but is not limited to online, electronic, print and verbal communications.