To define the criteria and process for lighting the exterior of the Corporation of the Town of Oakville (town) Town Hall building with multi-colour capable LED lighting.
This procedure applies to requests for lighting the exterior of Town Hall with multi-colour capable LED lighting in order to provide a unique opportunity to display the official colour associated with a charitable or non-profit organization or a town event, in order to create awareness of and/or celebrate an organization or a town event.
- Exterior lighting of Town Hall building shall be used to display the colours of charitable or non-profit organizations or a Town of Oakville event.
- All requests must be approved at the discretion of the Commissioner of Corporate Services or designate.
- Requests for exterior lighting of Town Hall building may be approved for:
- non-profit or charitable organizations which are community-focused;
- public awareness campaigns;
- town of Oakville event;
- an event of international, national, or provincial significance.
- Lighting requests shall not be approved for the following:
- personal or private occasions (such as birthdays or anniversaries);
- commercial purposes;
- political parties, organizations, or events;
- religious organizations or the celebration of religious events;
- any purpose that is contrary to town policies or by-laws;
- any purpose that defames the integrity of the town.
- Applications must be received at least 14 days prior to the requested light up date.
- Requests are processed in the order in which they are received and are considered on a case-by-case basis providing the following criteria is met:
- Request supports an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Awareness of Violence Against Women);
- Request supports a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit;
- Request supports a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health (National Autism Awareness Day);
- Request is to acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as Ambassadors from various countries) hosted by the town.
- Multi-day requests may be granted at the discretion of the Commissioner of Corporate Services or designate.
- The Town reserves the right to deny requests.
- All Town Hall lightings will be posted to the town’s official social media accounts. All other forms of publicity are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Colour request will be fulfilled as best as possible using the closest hue that can be achieved through LEDs.
ServiceOakville shall be responsible for receiving applications for Town Hall exterior building lighting requests.
The Commissioner of Corporate Services (or designate) shall be responsible for application approvals or rejections.
Facilities and Construction Management (FCM) department shall be responsible for the provision, maintenance and coordination of the exterior lighting of Town Hall in accordance with this procedure, including appropriate record keeping of all requests.