File number: ZH 15/23, Ward 2
You are invited to provide input as it relates to this application submitted under Section 36 of the Planning Act to remove an “H” holding symbol H1 from Zoning By-law 2023-162 applicable to the lands located at the northeast quadrant of Kerr Street and Westside Drive intersection.
An “H” holding symbol is a mechanism to ensure that certain conditions are met prior to the development of the lands proceeding in accordance with the approved Zoning. If the conditions are met, the town is required to remove the holding symbol upon application by the landowner, by passing a By-law under Section 36 of the Planning Act. Holding Provision Number H1 requires that the following condition(s) shall first be completed to the satisfaction of the Town of Oakville:
- That sufficient water and wastewater services are available to the satisfaction of the Regional Municipality of Halton and the Town of Oakville
- The owner has entered into any required servicing agreement(s) with the Town regarding stormwater management.
- The completion of detailed design drawings required for the construction of road and infrastructure improvements.
- Registration on title of an agreement between the owner and the Town with respect to the road and infrastructure improvements. This agreement shall also address security and advancing of funds, or a letter of credit for the full cost of the road and infrastructure improvements.
- The registration on title of a Section 37 Agreement per the Planning Act.
- All required land conveyances have been undertaken.
The Commissioner of Community Development, or their designate, will be making a decision on the application to remove the holding provision on, or after, Monday, November 27, 2023 at 1 p.m.
Although there are no third-party rights of appeal on the removal of the holding symbol, you are entitled to notice and may make written submissions before the by-law is passed. Any submission should be forwarded to the Commissioner c/o the Town Clerk at the Town of Oakville, Clerk’s department, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON L6H 0H3 (Dropbox is located in front of Town Hall) or at TownClerk@oakville.ca.
Written submissions should be submitted no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 27, 2023.
All submissions should include the full name and address of the author.
If you wish to be notified of the decision on this matter, you must make a written request to the Town Clerk at the Town of Oakville, Clerk’s department, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON L6H 0H3 or at TownClerk@oakville.ca.
For more information about this matter, contact Riley McKnight, Planner, Planning Services department at 905-845-6601, ext. 2919 (TTY 905-338-4200) or at email@example.com.
The personal information accompanying your submission is being collected under the authority of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, and may form part of the public record which may be released to the public.