Website features fresh look and feel, improved search results, user-friendly navigation and more
The new oakville.ca can be accessed on any mobile device, including laptops, tablets and phones and features:
The Town of Oakville has officially launched its new and improved website to enhance the customer experience and make it easier for residents to access town programs and services.
- a fresh, clean look and feel
- easier to read, larger font, and stronger colour contrast for improved accessibility
- refreshed and more relevant content
- more intuitive navigation and improved search tool to find information easily
- quick access to sign in and out of your online town account on any page
Residents are encouraged to try “In My Neighbourhood”, a new interactive feature highlighting ward-specific information. By entering an Oakville address, residents will be taken to a web page highlighting who their local councillors reps are, what events are taking place in their area and an interactive map showing key town facilities, parks and trails, building permits and active development applications, and more.
Let the town know what you think of the new oakville.ca or report an issue by completing the online feedback form linked to from the bottom of all pages on the new website. The feedback received will help the town continuously improve the website.
The town is also rebuilding and launching other town sites (oakvilletransit.ca, oakvillecentre.ca and investoakville.ca) from now until the end of summer to match the look and feel of oakville.ca.
“Council and I recognize the important role oakville.ca has in connecting residents with the programs, services, and supports the town has to offer. The new website provides an enhanced online experience for residents to find information more quickly and easily connect with the town.”
– Mayor Rob Burton
- The website redesign and rebuild restarted in spring 2022, after the project was unexpectedly paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Over the last year, the town has engaged with residents for their input on the design and functionality of the website through online surveys and in person information sessions.
- The 2022 Citizen Survey results indicated that residents connected most with the town through the town’s website (61 per cent), both as a way to contact the town and to find information about programs and services.
- Through the Digital Oakville Plan, the town continues to invest in technology and is committed to enhancing and providing comprehensive online services, and streamlining processes to create consistent, predictable and customer-focused services for the community.