Vision, Mission and Values
To be the most livable town in Canada.
We create and preserve Canada's most livable community that enhances the natural, cultural, social and economic environments. We achieve this by continuously improving programs and services that are accessible and environmentally and fiscally sustainable.
We are valued and celebrated due to the innovative and outstanding way we satisfy the needs of our residents, businesses and employees. As a result, the process is as fulfilling as the outcome.
We ensure our staff receives the same level of respect, commitment and care that they are expected to deliver to the community.
- Accountability — We deliver what we promised. We are accountable for our own actions and results. We are accountable for the efficient and effective use of public funds.
- Dedication — We willingly take on responsibility. We are committed to serving our community. We take initiative and we take on our share of the work.
- Honesty — Each of us demonstrates personal integrity, truthfulness and honesty in how we do our job. We inspire public confidence and trust in our government.
- Innovation — We pursue innovation by being creative, showing initiative and taking risks. We encourage employees to exercise judgment in meeting customer needs.
- Respect — We value an open, respectful and inclusive workplace. We value the cultural and social diversity of our community. We make it possible for every resident to participate in our community, and in our government.
- Teamwork — We act as a team. We demonstrate high levels of trust and cooperation. We collaborate across departments to achieve our goals. We work in partnership with our community.