Voters' List Information

Information on how to register to vote in provincial, municipal, DSSAB and school board elections in Ontario.

Register for local and provincial elections, all in one place

Elections Ontario maintains the Permanent Register of Electors for Ontario, also known as the “voters' list” or “register”.

The voters' list, contains information for individuals eligible to vote in provincial and local municipal elections in Ontario. Learn more about the voter's list on Election Ontario's Register To Vote page, including how to:

  • Register voters 
  • Register absentee voters 
  • Register future voters

Use the Elections Ontario Register To Vote application to:

  • Confirm, update or add your name and home address 
  • Search, add or remove a property other than your home address 
  • Remove yourself from the register 
  • Remove a deceased person from the register 
  • Check the status of a request

If you or your spouse own or rent property other than your home address in Ontario, you might be eligible to vote in more than one municipal election.

School support

As of January 1, 2024, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is no longer responsible for collecting voter information for local elections. However, MPAC is legislatively required to collect school support designations. 

Update your school support through MPAC’s Online School Support page.

As a property owner in Ontario, you are required to support a school system, even if you do not have children or your children are not currently attending school. 

This information can be found on your Property Assessment Notice.

For more information about school support designations, visit the MPAC website.

Student voters

For local municipal elections, students are entitled to vote in multiple municipalities if their permanent home and temporary student home are in different municipalities or Territory Without Municipal Organization areas. 

Students can update or add their “home address” to the Voter’s List as their permanent family home and list their temporary student home as an additional property they, or their spouse, own or rent.