A snow windrow is the pile of snow that is left at the bottom of a driveway after the snow plow has cleared the road.
The town's windrow clearing program helps seniors, age 65 and older, and people with physical disabilities or medical conditions that are unable to clear the windrow on their own.
Registration for the 2023/
24 windrow program is now closed
- The program runs between December 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024
- It may take up to 36 hours after a snowfall has ended for your windrow snow to be cleared. If a faster level of service is required, or if you need your entire driveway cleared, you may prefer to hire a private snow plowing company.
- Windrows are cleared only once per winter event.
- The snow is deposited on boulevard areas adjacent to the driveway.
- The town begins plowing residential roads after a snowfall exceeds 7.5 centimetres (3 inches).
- Windrow clearing operations start after the town has finished plowing all roads.
- The program does not remove windrows created by sidewalk plows. The program only removes the snow at the end of the driveway, not the whole driveway.
- Approximately 80 per cent of the snow windrow will be cleared to ensure there is no damage to the curb or sod.
- This service includes clearing one windrow per address and does not apply to private or unassumed roads.
Specialized driveways (patterned concrete)
This service may not be appropriate if the end of your driveway has a special surface such as patterned concrete.
The equipment may scratch the driveway surface. The Town of Oakville is not responsible for any damage to driveways or curbs due to clearing of the snow windrow.
- Residents 65 years of age or older.
- Residents with a physical disability or medical condition.
- Residents who have no able-bodied person under the age of 65 living at their residence.
There is fee of $115.26 ($102 plus HST) for the 2023-24 season. Once the application has been processed, the fee is not refundable.
Sign up to get service updates
Program members can receive driveway windrow snow removal service updates via text message.
Be sure to opt-in to receive updates when completing the application form.
Contact ServiceOakville at 905-845-6601.