Help keep wildlife wild
Oakville’s many greenspaces and natural areas are home to a diverse urban wildlife population. It is important to help keep wildlife wild. Please do not feed, approach or touch wild animals.
The town has a number of programs and services in place to protect local wildlife. These resources include:
- Oakville's Wildlife Conflict Protocols (pdf),
- Oakville's Biodiversity Strategy (pdf) ,
- Oakville's online coyote reporting system, and
- information on wildlife proofing your property and avoiding conflicts with wildlife.
There are a number of resources for reporting incidents with wildlife:
- Report an encounter with a coyote, observed feeding of coyotes by people or overflowing organic waste materials on public property to the town's online coyote reporting system
- Report sick, injured or orphaned wildlife to Animal Protective Services at the Oakville & Milton Humane Society by calling 905-845-1551, ext. 136
- Report dead wildlife on town property, or beside or on a roadway to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society
- Report reptiles and amphibians (turtles, snakes, frogs) along the side of the road to Conservation Halton's online Road Ecology Survey
- Report a dead bat on private or town property to the Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre by calling 1-866-673-4781