The Coach House is a unique historic property available for event rentals. Constructed over 120 years ago, this former carriage house is Oakville's newest community gathering place.
The interior space is best suited for meetings and small social events for up to 35 people. Rentals include the seasonal use of the outdoor terrace, weather permitting.
The Coach House is surrounded by stunning gardens, lakeside views and the charming Old Oakville Heritage Conservation District.
How to request a booking
Complete our Coach House rental request form and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 905-815-5976. Requests must be submitted a minimum of 14 days prior to your event. Processing requests may take up to five business days. To help facilitate the booking process, clients are advised to create an online services account prior to submitting their request.
Coach House Rental Request Form
Please direct all rental enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you require assistance in person or by phone, please call 905-338-4400 to book an appointment.
Rental rates (valid until August 31, 2023)
Oakville Coach House multipurpose room meeting rate (per hour)
- Resident - $110
- Non-resident - $120
- Commercial resident - $132
- Commercial non-resident - $142
Oakville Coach House multipurpose room social rate (per hour)
- Resident - $137.50
- Non-resident - $147.50
- Commercial resident - $165
- Commercial non-resident - $175
- AV Equipment set-up - $25.93
- House manager - $46 per hour (applicable for weekday rentals after 5 p.m., weekends and holidays)
HST applicable. Rates are subject to change pending council approval. Discounted community rates are available for non-profit groups that have a CORE General or CORE Culture Membership. Visit the CORE page for details.
There is a three hour minimum rental time for all room bookings. Exemptions may apply for weekday daytime meetings for CORE groups only.
All permits require $2 million dollars liability insurance naming the “TOWN OF OAKVILLE” as an additional insured, or $5 million dollars for any alcohol licensed events. Proof of insurance can be provided, or coverage can be added to the permit. Proof of insurance is also required for any third party service/entertainment or equipment providers.
All permits, with the exception of social events, must be signed and paid in full at the time of booking to reserve the Coach House.
Social events require a 50 per cent deposit at the time of booking to reserve the Coach House. The remaining balance will be due 14 days prior to the event.
Payments can made via debit, cheques payable to the Town of Oakville, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
An administration charge as set through the annual budget process will be levied for all payment returned non-sufficient funds.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing a minimum of 14 days before the (first) rental date.
Refunds requested within less than 14 days’ notice cannot be accommodated.
The department reserves the right to cancel a room rental agreement or close any function for failure to observe all facility conditions.
The multipurpose room is approximately 24 feet by 20 feet.
The terrace is approximately 26 feet by 24 feet. The terrace is included with rentals, weather permitting.
- Coach House floor plan (pdf)
- Indoor space: 35
- Maximum capacity per format:
- Meetings – boardroom style: 18
- Lecture – row seating: 35
- Social seated, indoor: 24 (4 tables of 6 or 6 tables of 4)
- Social cocktail: 28
- Digital Projection
- Wireless/Bluetooth PA – single speaker
- 5' rectangular tables (quantity: 6)
- Adjustable height roundtables (qty: 6)
- Stacking chairs
- Folding chairs
Set up and signage
The Coach House is an over 120-year-old heritage building. To help preserve this historic space, the following are prohibited:
- Nailing, taping, screwing or stapling to the exterior and/or interior walls, floors or ground. Decorations may be mounted using existing hooks on the wall hanging system, provided the items do not damage the paint/surface.
- Installation of tents, canopies or any structures requiring staking into the ground.
Decorating and takedown must be included in your booking time request. External rentals and caterers must remove equipment/items by the end of the booking time.
Room set up selections must be confirmed 14 days prior to booking date.
Signage must be approved by Oakville Museum staff.
Parking at the Coach House is limited and not guaranteed. If available, parking is restricted to designated areas only. Vehicles parking on streets in the vicinity are required to comply with all town parking by-laws and regulations. Visit the Find Parking page for more parking information.
Food and third-party services
- No food or beverage is provided.
- Third party service providers (entertainers, caterers, party rental equipment, etc.) must be approved by the facility at the time of room request and additional requirements may apply including proof of commercial insurance.
- All sales or distribution of food must be approved by Museum staff.
- Food distribution must follow the Halton Region Health department Guidelines. Visit the Halton Region website for more information and application forms.
- No cooking elements, chaffing dishes, barbecues or open flames are allowed in the facility.
- We do not have a kitchen or fridge available for rentals.
All licensed functions are required to provide proof of:
- A valid liquor license.
- $5 million liability insurance naming the Town of Oakville as additional insured. Insurance coverage can be added to your permit for an additional fee.
- Bartenders (ratio 1:100 patrons) with a Smart Serve certificate.
For additional regulations regarding alcohol at municipal facilities refer to the Municipal Alcohol Procedure page.
Bookings playing or performing non-original (copyright) music, are required to pay applicable SOCAN and Re-Sound fees, based on attendance.
The presence of amplified sound for the purpose of special events (including weddings) is restricted under the Town of Oakville’s noise by-law, to between:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
During these times all amplified sound shall remain at an acceptable level giving consideration to the type and location of the event.
Events requiring the presence of amplified sound outside of the hours prescribed in the by-law require the granting of a Noise Exemption Permit that can be obtained from the Town of Oakville Licensing Services in the Clerk’s Department.
Outdoor Photography at Erchless Estate
The grounds at Erchless Estate provide the perfect backdrop for special occasion photos, including weddings, engagements, family gatherings and graduations.
Outdoor photography permits are not included with your Coach House rental. Advance reservations are required and can be booked online up to 45 days before your event date. Visit the Photography in Parks page to check availability and book your permit online.
For more information, contact Facility Bookings at 905-815-2000 or email@example.com.
Filming in Oakville
The Town's Economic Development office provides a one-stop shop for filming in the community. To start the permit process and determine applicable fees, visit the Filming in Oakville page to submit your request online. The Town's Film Liaison will contact you to coordinate your upcoming project in Oakville.
Wedding ceremonies are confined to the Coach House and Terrace, not permitted on the grounds of Erchless Estate.
Visit the Weddings in Town Parks page for a list of town parks that can be booked for outdoor ceremonies.