Non-residential interior alterations, also known as a tenant fit-out, are considered any change occurring inside the unit such as wall removals, adding partitions, modifying mechanical, plumbing and/or life safety (fire alarm, sprinkler system and/or kitchen suppression system), or modifications to the entrance. Typically, permits are not required for replacing existing millwork, faucets, sinks and toilets or for cosmetic changes to surfaces of a decorative nature like flooring, trim work and painting.
If changing the use or occupancy of the space, a zoning certificate of occupancy is required.
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Construction Projects
- Non-residential Interior Alterations
- Non-residential Additions and Alterations
- Non-residential New Construction
- Non-residential Demolition
- Temporary Tents and Garden Centres
- Shelf and Rack Storage System
- Part 3 New Residential Construction
- Part 3 Residential Addition and Alteration
- Part 3 Residential Alteration
- Site Servicing
- Solar Panel Installation
- Rates & Fees
Contact Building Services:
905-845-6601 ext. 7377
Build smart. Build safe. Build with a permit.