Site Servicing

A guide to preparing your site servicing permit application (not applicable to individual houses).

Site servicing is a stand alone permit for the plumbing system that connects the water, sanitary and storm services from the street to the outside of the building.

Typically, this permit type is applied for in parallel with a new and/or addition to condominium developments and non-residential buildings. It does not apply to freehold houses.

Before preparing your permit

Some approvals and permits must be in place before you start preparing your building permit application.

Additional permits and documentation may be required before preparing your building permit application, including:

  • Halton Region services permit: If adding new connections at the street, a Halton Region services permit is required. Learn more at Halton Region permits.

Project preparation

Detailed information is required to properly evaluate your plans and the unique conditions of your property or unit:

One of the following approvals is required:

  1. Site plan approval. Learn more about planning applications.
  2. Transportation and engineering approval for street cuts, storm sewer services, changes to grade and other alterations to the site. Learn more about development engineering applications.

In certain instances, permits and/or approvals from additional agencies are required:

  • Ministry of Transportation: If your property is located close to a major highway as indicated in the MTO designated areas map you will require Ministry of Transportation approval.

If your property is in a designated conservation area, contact Conservation Halton for approval at or 905-336-1158. Learn more about conservation-related permitting and planning