About this project
The existing concrete block seawall on the west side in Shipyard Park (Oakville Harbour) is over 30 years old and coming to the end of its life cycle. The current walls are installed below the 100-year flood elevation (76.3 metres) and are prone to flooding – which occurred in 2017 and 2019.
The Parks and Open Space Department is replacing the existing concrete block seawall with a steel sheet pile wall, installed at an elevation above the 100-year flood elevation.
The proposed limit of work is from the existing boat launch, northwards to the limit of the Lakeshore Road bridge.
Shipyard Park (Oakville Harbour)
99 Forsythe Street, Ward 2
The construction of this project is anticipated to start in early November 2023 and be completed by April 2024.
Shoreplan Engineering Ltd. has been retained to provide coastal engineering consulting services for this project.
Rankin Construction Inc. has been retained to complete the seawall replacement.
- Parks Directory
- Destination Parks
- Splash Pads
- Sports Fields
- Dog Parks
- Outdoor Courts
- Outdoor Ice Rinks
- Skateboard Parks
- Park Planning Projects
- Aspen Forest Park Proposed Splash Pad
- Berta Point West Bank Seawall Improvements
- Bridges, Stairs and Boardwalk replacements
- Bronte Green Subdivision
- Bronte Inner and Outer Harbour Dredge
- Cornwall Road Sports Park Proposed Skateboard Facility
- Crosstown Trail
- George Savage Park All-Season Sport Court
- Oakville Park Soccer Fields
- Palermo Park
- Playground Rehabilitations
- Riverstone Park
- Shipyard Park Seawall Replacement
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- Towne Square
- Trail Accessibility Audit & Strategy
- Travertine Park and Trail
- Wallace Park
- Wynten Way Park Splash Pad & Playground Replacement