Designated gardening spaces
Our community gardens are designated spaces for residents who have rented plots to use for gardening.
Please respect their gardening projects and do not enter community garden plots unless you have a current rental agreement with us.
- Kingsford Gardens - 2480 Sherwood Heights
- Lyons Lane - 659 Lyons Lane
- Memorial Park - 120 Oak Park Boulevard
- Accessible garden tables available at this location
- Shell Park - 3307 Lakeshore Road West
Garden plots are open between May 1 and October 31 for non-commercial use only.
Requesting a garden plot
Due to the high demand, the community garden plots are available to Oakville residents only. All locations are currently full.
Current wait times are estimated at four or more years from the date of submission.
To place your name on a waitlist for one of the gardens, register for a garden plot online. All allocations are currently full at this time.
Availability and pricing
There are no available garden plots at this time. Current wait times are estimated at four or more years from the date of submission.
2023 Garden Plot Rental Fee: $100.11 (tax inclusive)
Tenants are responsible for maintaining their garden plots throughout the season, including watering, pruning, harvesting, fertilizing, and pest/disease control.
We offer the following services to tenants:
- On-site water and disposal bins
- Spring bed preparation (weeding, removal of loose debris) for new tenants only
- Spring rototilling
- Parks Directory
- Destination Parks
- Splash Pads
- Sports Fields
- Dog Parks
- Outdoor Courts
- Outdoor Ice Rinks
- Skateboard Parks
- Park Planning Projects
- Aspen Forest Park Proposed Splash Pad
- Berta Point West Bank Seawall Improvements
- Bridges, Stairs and Boardwalk replacements
- Bronte Beach and Launch Ramp Redevelopment
- Bronte Green Subdivision
- Cornwall Road Sports Park Proposed Skateboard Facility
- Crosstown Trail
- George Savage Park All-Season Sport Court
- Glenashton Park Basketball Court
- Palermo Park
- Playground Rehabilitations
- Postridge Park Playground & Splash Pad
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- Towne Square
- Trail Accessibility Audit & Strategy
- Travertine Park and Trail
- Wallace Park
- Wynten Way Park Splash Pad & Playground Replacement
- Municipal Greenhouse and Conservatory