The Park Ambassador program helps to keep our parks and trails beautiful, safe, and clean. Volunteers support this program by monitoring their adopted greenspace and keeping their park or trail litter-free for a minimum of two years.
With more than 340 active parks, playgrounds, and sports fields; three harbours; and 280 woodland parks and trails, there are plenty of opportunities for families, schools, youth groups, and corporations to get involved!
Submit an application for adoption
- If available, consider adopting the local parks or trails that you visit the most.
- Submit an application for the park or trail of your choice. If a park or trail of your choice is available, you will be contacted with the next steps.
- Report any maintenance, wildlife, or waste concerns using Report a Problem or by contacting ServiceOakville.
- Care for your park or trail for a minimum period of two years.
What we provide
- A registration package outlining the program responsibilities.
- Free gloves and garbage bags, by request, during business hours.
- A letter verifying volunteer hours.
- Town staff support in attending to your concerns efficiently.
- Safety guidelines for being an ambassador.
What we ask of you
When your adoption is assigned we will provide you with guidelines on how to care for your adoption safely.
We encourage ambassadors to visit their adopted sites a minimum of one day a week.
Volunteer hours can be recorded on the Volunteer Activity Log form (pdf). Submissions can be sent to the email address listed on the form.
Renewing an adoption
You can submit a Park Ambassador Application form to renew your adoption for another two years.
- Parks Directory
- Destination Parks
- Splash Pads
- Sports Fields
- Dog Parks
- Outdoor Courts
- Outdoor Ice Rinks
- Skateboard Parks
- Park Planning Projects
- Aspen Forest Park Proposed Splash Pad
- Berta Point West Bank Seawall Improvements
- Bridges, Stairs and Boardwalk replacements
- Bronte Green Subdivision
- Bronte Inner and Outer Harbour Dredge
- Cornwall Road Sports Park Proposed Skateboard Facility
- Crosstown Trail
- George Savage Park All-Season Sport Court
- Oakville Park Soccer Fields
- Palermo Park
- Pine Glen Park Fencing Replacement
- Playground Rehabilitations
- Shipyard Park Seawall Replacement
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
- Towne Square
- Trail Accessibility Audit & Strategy
- Travertine Park and Trail
- Wallace Park
- Wynten Way Park Splash Pad & Playground Replacement
- Municipal Greenhouse and Conservatory