2022 Citizen Survey results are in!
Thank you for your feedback, Oakville! The results of the Town of Oakville’s 2022 Citizen Survey reveal satisfaction with the town remains strong.
According to the town’s 2022 Citizen Survey:
- 93 per cent of residents surveyed said they were satisfied with Town of Oakville services.
- 80 per cent of Oakville residents surveyed expressed overall satisfaction with the Town of Oakville government.
- 85 per cent of residents said they receive good value for their tax dollars.
- 87 per cent of residents surveyed said were satisfied with key attributes of the town.
- Residents were asked to rate their customer service experience with the Town of Oakville and a remarkable 85 per cent feel town staff are respectful and knowledgeable, and that the information they need is easy to find and understand.
- Of those who have used the town’s website, nine in 10 (89 per cent) were satisfied with it.
- Despite the challenges in managing how the pandemic has impacted our community over the last two years, Oakville residents continued to give the town high marks. Almost eight in 10 (78 per cent) residents expressed satisfaction with how the town adapted its services in response to the public health emergency.
Review the 2022 Citizen Survey Report Card for highlights and the 2022 Citizen Survey Results for details on the town’s strengths and areas of focus. The town is committed to improving programs and services to meet the community’s needs and expectations.
- Forum Research conducted a telephone survey between January 24, 2022 and February 6, 2022 on behalf of the town. A random sample of 811 residents were asked about their views on town services and the community. Findings were accurate to +/- 2.9 per cent. In addition to the phone survey, 990 responses were received through an online survey.
- Every two years, the Town of Oakville conducts a resident survey to gather information on residents’ overall satisfaction with town programs and services, identify emerging issues important to the community and to help guide strategic priorities and ensure continuous improvement in the town’s service delivery.
- Last year’s survey was postponed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Open the 2019 Citizen Survey Results (pdf) and the 2019 Report Card to Citizens (pdf).