Special event sponsorship and partnership program
The Town of Oakville delivers a wide variety of high-quality, family-friendly, public events each year. These events take place throughout the town’s various indoor and outdoor cultural, recreational, and open spaces, and attract more than 100,000 attendees each year.
Among the town's most popular events are:
- Family Day
- Oakville's Canada Day Celebration
- Children's Festival
- Outdoor Movies Series
- Oakville Santa Claus Parade
In order to ensure the ongoing success of each of the town’s community events, a variety of corporate and community sponsorship and partnership opportunities are made available that allow community partners to maximize their visibility and impact in the community.
For more information on sponsoring or partnering with a town event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in being a Canada Day sponsor?
Learn more by reviewing our Canada Day Sponsorship Package (pdf).
The difference between sponsorships and partnerships
Engaging in a sponsorship or partnership with the Town of Oakville is a great way to connect with Oakville residents, the Oakville community and support the town’s free public events.
With an event sponsorship, a company, individual or organization contributes financially to an event or program in exchange for brand exposure through the event’s various marketing and communication channels.
An event sponsorship may include the event featuring the sponsor’s logo on:
- Event website/webpage
- Other communications materials
Event partnerships involve the development of an affiliation between the partner’s brand/product and the event, that achieves mutually advantageous goals.
Example of an event partnership include:
- A local performing arts group hosting a performance as part of a town event. In this partnership, the group gains audience exposure in exchange for offering a complimentary performance.
- A local business giving away branded reusable water bottles for use at the event’s water refill station. In this partnership, the company gains brand exposure in exchange for helping the event decrease its environmental impact.
The town also considers event partnerships as in-kind sponsorships.
Levels of sponsor and partnership opportunities
Each event offers its own selection of unique and valuable sponsorship and partnership opportunities. Among the opportunities available each year for the events listed above are:
- Title sponsor (sponsor name integrated into the event’s title)
- Presenting sponsor (event acknowledged as being “Presented by…”)
- Associate sponsor (various opportunities for logo integration and co-branded marketing)
- Programming partner (partner to deliver workshops/performances)
- Materials partner (partner to provide branded materials required by the event)
Have your own sponsorship or partnership idea?
The Town of Oakville would be happy to work with you to further customize event sponsorship and partnership opportunities that meet your organization’s goals.
For more information on sponsoring or partnering with a town event, please contact the Events team at email@example.com.
- Oakville Public Library
- Public Engagement Hub