The Livable Oakville Plan (2009 Town of Oakville Official Plan) currently applies to all lands within the town except the North Oakville East and West Secondary Plan areas. It sets out Council’s policies on how the lands should be used and growth should be managed over the long term.
The town is now required to plan for forecasted population and employment growth to the year 2051.
A town-wide Official Plan Review is ongoing. Its primary purpose is to update the town's official plan documents to be consistent or in conformity with the latest Provincial legislation and policies, as well as the Region of Halton Official Plan as amended through the Regional Official Plan Review.
It is also an objective to bring lands subject to the North Oakville East and West Secondary Plans (to the 1984 Official Plan, as amended) into the Livable Oakville Plan.
Livable Oakville document
The current consolidation of the Livable Oakville Plan incorporates all amendments up to August 31, 2021.
- Title Page, Explanatory Notes and Table of Contents (pdf)
- Part A: Introduction (pdf)
- Part B: Mission Statement and Guiding Principles (pdf)
- Part C: General Policies (pdf)
- Part D: Land Use Designations and Policies (pdf)
- Part E: Growth Areas, Special Policy Areas and Exceptions (pdf)
- Part F: Implementation and Interpretation (pdf)
- Policy Schedules, A1-D (pdf)
- Land Use Schedules, E-K (pdf)
- Growth Area Schedules, L1-Q2 (pdf)
- Appendices (pdf)
Official Plan Amendments
- OPA 35: Hospital District
- OPA 41: Bronte GO Major Transit Station Area
- OPA 42: Bill 13 - Supporting People and Businesses Act, 2021
- OPAs 47: Bill 109 - More Homes for Everyone Act, 2022
Town-initiated and Council-adopted official plan amendments (OPAs) are being reviewed by Halton Region for approval:
- None at this time.
Town-initiated OPAs appealed to the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT):
- OPA 4: LPAT e-Status Case Details (mostly in effect)
- OPAs 34, 37 and 38: Palermo Village and North West Area
- OPAs 53 and 329: Bill 109 - More Homes for Everyone Act, 2022
- Official Plan
- Livable Oakville Plan
- North Oakville Secondary Plans
- Growth Area Reviews
- Planning Studies
- Active Development Applications
- Ward 1 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 2 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 3 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 4 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 5 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 6 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 7 - Development and Site Plan Applications