Sign Permits

Sign By-law Review

Sign by-law 2006-005 has been in effect for ten years with multiple amendments that have affected the regulation of various sign types including elections signs, mobile signs, fascia signs and advertising signs.

A coordinated review has been completed to ensure the town’s regulations address the needs of local businesses, while reflecting the town’s objectives and unique character. The result is the approval of a new Sign By-Law 2018-153 which will come into effect January 1, 2019. Visit our Sign By-law Review page for more details.

Fixed signs

If you want to install a fixed sign, please visit the Fixed Signs page for more information. You may also download and complete the fixed sign permit application (pdf).

Temporary Signs (formerly classified as Mobile signs)

Mobile sign permit applications for 2019 will be availalbe soon online.

For more information please visit the Mobile Signs page.