Looking to start a new business in Oakville?
There are many organizations, programs and services to support you and provide connectivity for your new business.
The Economic Development team (Invest Oakville) is here to help your business start and grow in Oakville. We can provide support navigating the development approval process, share relevant industry data, and make connections in Oakville's ecosystem of business supports.
Visit the Invest Oakville website to learn more about doing business in Oakville and how we can help.
Digital Main Street /
Digital Service Squad
The Digital Main Street program provides free training, advisory support and grants to small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
To learn more about this program, book a visit with out Digital Service Squad and see if you qualify for the Digital Transformation Grant, please visit the Invest Oakville website.
Local organizations and networks
Oakville is home to several organizations that are available to provide support and assistance for your new or existing business. These organizations include:
- Halton Region Small Business Centre
- Oakville Chamber of Commerce
- Haltech Regional Innovation Centre
- Employment Halton
- Peel Halton Workforce Development Group
To learn more about the diversified local organizations that are here to help, please visit the Business Support Service page on the Invest Oakville website.
Did you know that many businesses in Oakville require a licence? Holding a valid business licence ensures businesses follow by-law regulations and limitations, providing supporting documentation and security clearances which provide consumer protection.
Determine if your business requires a licence and submit your business licence applications online.
In addition to a Town of Oakville business licence, your business may require other additional licences and/or permits. BizPaL is an online business permit and licence service that helps you find the permits and licences you may require when starting and/or operating your business. You can filter permits based on your location, industry, and business activities and save the ones that apply to your situation.
Please note: The Town of Oakville cannot guarantee that the BizPaL database is all-inclusive. You will still have to conduct additional research to ensure that your business is regulatory compliant. Please contact ServiceOakville to find out which permits and licences may be required for your business in Oakville.
- Building & Renovations
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Construction Projects
- Non-residential Interior Alterations
- Non-residential Additions and Alterations
- Non-residential New Construction
- Non-residential Demolition
- Temporary Tents and Garden Centres
- Shelf and Rack Storage System
- Part 3 New Residential Construction
- Part 3 Residential Addition and Alteration
- Part 3 Residential Alteration
- Site Servicing
- Solar Panel Installation
- Rates & Fees
- Planning & Development
- Active Development Applications
- Ward 1 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 2 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 3 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 4 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 5 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 6 - Development and Site Plan Applications
- Ward 7 - Development and Site Plan Applications