Vehicles with valid Accessible Parking Permits are allowed to park in designated accessible parking spaces in Oakville.
Accessible Parking Permits do not allow vehicles to:
- park in No Parking areas
- park in No Stopping areas
- park in Fire Routes
- disobey any other parking prohibitions
Not all parking regulations are posted on signs.
Drivers with Accessible Parking Permits who park in metered parking spots or pay-and-display areas in the town must still pay to park. There are several designated accessible parking spaces in Downtown Oakville, both on the street and in parking lots. Please review the Accessible Parking Map (pdf) for locations of designated spaces.
Accessible Parking Permits are issued by Service Ontario
To apply for an Accessible Parking Permit:
- visit Service Ontario website
- go to the local ServiceOntario office at 125 Cross Avenue. Get directions.
Veterans who live in Oakville are eligible for a parking permit that will allow them to park their vehicles for free without payment during designated times in on-street metered spaces and municipal lots.
To qualify for a veteran parking permit you must satisfy the requirements;
- applicant must be a veteran of the Canadian Forces or equivalent of Merchant Marines or Allied Forces
- vehicles listed on permit must be registered to the veteran's address
- Veterans can apply for a permit by opening the Veteran's Parking Permit Application (pdf) and returning the completed form to Town Hall.
- Construction Projects
- Active Transportation Capital Projects
- Stream & Shoreline Projects
- Transportation & Roads Studies and Plans
- Lakeshore Road West Design and Reconstruction Project
- Traffic Studies & Plans
- Active Transportation Master Plan
- Burnhamthorpe Road
- Coronation Park Drainage
- Deer Run Avenue Laneway Access
- Downtown Transportation and Streetscape
- Lakeshore Road West Improvements
- Lakeshore Road East - Downtown Reconstruction and Streetscape Project
- McCraney Creek Bridge Replacement
- Midtown Oakville Class Environmental Assessment Study
- Sixth Line Class EA
- Speers Road Environmental Assessment Study
- Urban Mobility and Transportation Study
- Westminster Drive Storm Sewer and Road Reconstruction
- Wyecroft Road Improvements
- Taxis & Limos
- Smart Commute
- Oakville Transit